Can a tiramisu be missing from any restaurant's dessert menu? In our opinion, no!
Good, easy to make and international, tiramisu is a true king of desserts.
We have seen it again and again, even in several variations: pistachio, hazelnut, lemon… but have you tasted it with violet? Probably not, but rest assured, because we will explain how to do it yourself… at home 😉
Ingredients and recipe
First of all, you have to have our violet liqueur and the following ingredients (recipe for 4 people):
- 50 g normal sugar
- 2 tbsp violet sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 lemon
- 250 g of mascarpone
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp sugar
- twenty ladyfingers (spoon biscuits)
- Whisk 3 egg yolks with the sugar until the mixture whitens and becomes frothy. Add the mascarpone and mix until the result is homogeneous
- Beat 3 egg whites until stiff, adding a pinch of salt, then mix them with the mascarpone cream. Tip: to keep the mixture light, gently mix up and down with a silicone spatula, swirling your container slowly
- Prepare a cup of Maison Aurian violet liqueur
- In a plate, spread a layer of mascarpone cream on the bottom of the dish, then place a layer of lightly soaked biscuits, and repeat, ending with a layer of mascarpone cream
- Sprinkle with violet sugar and lemon zest
- Decorate as desired with edible flowers or lemon zest
Let yourself be tempted by creativity!
By substituting the violet liquor with others of our liqueurs, you will undoubtedly impress your guests! Why not try a raspberry, chestnut, walnut, orange tiramisu…?